Sunday, February 24, 2008

Another Country Love Song

Another Country Love Song

When it all gets said and done
I'll be the favorite thing you lose

When I'm dead and you're on the run
I'll be the best damn thing you ever got to abuse

But it's a long haul
When you're this wrong
So if it's the wrong song
You should just go ahead and play 'em all

You never did make it through
As it turns out and for heaven's sake
It was a salt flat not a big lake
But your first mirage always looks so true

Still it's a strong pull
When you're getting along
But if it's the wrong kind of strong
You should just go ahead and toss it all

You were so young it's overdone and oversung
But still
You got so stung your young bell got rung
Enough to make you kill

But I was . . .
Just a dumb kid too

I guess that . . .
Didn't occur to you

You kicked me out
You run me down
Pedal to the floor
Tension get all mounting

You hit me once
Or maybe twice
The final count was four
but hey who's counting

You laughed a scoff
As you took off
You think I ain't here no more
I'm with you on your outing

When it gets all said and done
I'll be the favorite thing you lost

When I'm already dead and you're the next one
I'll be the best damn garbage you ever tossed

*inspired by Kevin Kinney's S.T.A.R.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home