Saturday, May 10, 2008

Maybe

He showed up at one of my bachelor parties. Or should
I say that one of my bachelor parties showed up at one
of his drinking holes. It's good to know what your
heroes look like. Especially if they are, say, writers,
artists, photographers or any other sort who are
usually at the other end of the camera, if anywhere
near a camera at all. We were going to maybe go
through Bisbee on our honeymoon. It was a loosely
planned three-week road-trip through the southwest. I
researched heavily all the myriad places I'd like to
see and that there was no way we would see all of
them. Bridget suggested we make up little framed
pictures with the names of the places that we might
visit, knowing full well that many of those cards
would go unvisited. Bisbee was one. I knew Nicholas
lived in Bisbee. This was long after he was no longer
shooting for National Geographic. He was a hell
raising alternative artist creating controversy.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home